You will never be denied healthcare if you are unable to pay.

Regardless of your ability to pay, you will never be turned away from getting the care you need. If you are unable to pay for your visit, please ask for the Financial Counselor and we will work with you to make payment arrangements.

Adult patients (25 years and older) and patients living with HIV who might be eligible for Ryan White funding should call 816-753-5144 for an appointment at KC CARE Health Center.



+ If you have insurance, Medicaid or Medicare:

Infants, children, teens and young adults are eligible to receive health insurance from Medicaid in Missouri (up to age 24) and in Kansas (up to age 18). Homeroom Health can assist you with enrollment and will begin seeing you immediately - even before you are fully enrolled with Medicaid.

Ask to speak with a Financial Counselor to make arrangements.

+ If you don't have insurance.

We strive to give affordable healthcare to everyone using a sliding fee scale that is based on your income and household size. The fees are outlined below based on income and services (medical, behavioral health, and dental).

*If you are unable to pay the full charges, you can work with the Financial Counselor to make arrangements.

Income as % of FPL 0% to 100% 101% to 138% 139% to 166% 167% to 200% Over 200%
Medical Fee $15 $20 $25 $30 Full charges, with discounts
on a case by case basis.*
Behavioral Health Fee $15 $20 $25 $30
Dental Fee $75 $100 $125 $150

Federal Poverty Level (FPL) is determined by the Department of Health and Human Services, based on household income and size of household. Figures listed below are for 2019 FPL.

Household Size: 0% to 100% 101% to 138% 139% to 166% 167% to 200% Over 200%
1 Up to $12,490 $12,491 - $17,236 $17,237 - $20,733 $20,734 - $24,980 $24,981 and up
2 Up to $16,910 $16,911 - $23,336 $23,337 - $28,071 $28,702 - $33,820 $33,821 and up
3 Up to $21,330 $21,331 - $29,435 $29,436 - $35,408 $35,409 - $42,660 $42,661 and up
4 Up to $25,750 $25,751 - $35,535 $35,536 - $42,745 $42,746 - $51,500 $51,501 and up
5 Up to $30,170 $30,171 - $41,635 $41,636 - $50,082 $50,083 - $60,340 $60,341 and up
6 Up to $34,590 $34,591 - $47,734 $47,735 - $57,419 $57,420 - $69,180 $69,181 and up

How do I verify my income?

To verify your income, we ask you to provide:

Current Proof of Income – You must bring one of the following:

  • Current Payroll Check Stub. If the check stub is handwritten or does not display hours worked or hourly rate, please provide a notarized letter (on company letterhead if possible) from your employer stating: Your work hours, gross pay and hourly rate of pay. Current Unemployment Determination letter with benefit amount from the Unemployment Office Phone MO (816-889-3101) or KS (913-596-3500) and give Social Security information to file claim.
  • Copies of your current Social Security, Pension, Trust, SSI Disability Award Letter or Child Support Check
  • Current Financial Aid papers (scholarships, Pell Grants, I-20 documentation, etc.)
  • Tax profit and loss sheet for the year
  • W2 forms.

Current Proof of Address/Residency – You must bring one of the following:

  • Current mail addressed to you or your guardian. The mail should include a postmark on the outside of the envelope that is less than 30 days old. If necessary, mail yourself something. Unfortunately, we cannot accept mail sent to a PO Box. Mail with the unemployment determination letter can also be used.

To submit required documents only, fill out our Patient Information Document Upload Form.

If you are unable to pay the full charges, you can work with the Financial Counselor to make arrangements.

+ How do I pay for my care?

When is payment due?

Payment is due when you check in for your appointment. If you are unable to pay at that time, you will receive a statement in the mail.

How can I make my payments?

You can pay with cash, check, or major credit cards. You can pay at the front desk or by mailing a check. Checks should be made out to KC CARE and mailed to 3515 Broadway, Kansas City, MO 64111.

Again, our Financial Counselor can help you explore other forms of assistance, such as Medicaid, that may be available to you.



Needing to speak to someone directly?